St. Bartholomew’s Worship Schedule
Indoor and Zoom Worship – will begin Oct 4th 9:30 AM.
Outdoor Worship – 8:30 AM will continue in pavilion area thru October 18th, weather permitting. (Any rain, drizzle, mist at 8:00 am it will be cancelled.)
Sunday School – 10:30 AM will continue on Zoom until further notice.
Guidelines for Indoor Worship – IMPORTANT
The virus is still with us and the green phase requires us to keep safety precautions in place. The risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. COVID-19 is extremely contagious virus that can lead to severe illness and death. Please take it upon yourself to determine the proper time for you to return to worship. We recommend you DO NOT attend the indoor service if you are feeling ill or susceptible to becoming ill due to health-related issues.
By visiting St. Bartholomew’s United Church, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19.
1. Masks are required. Please bring one with you. Disposable masks will be available.
2. We encourage the use of non-touch hand sanitizer located at the back-door entrances before and after the service.
3. Ventilation – Three portable air purifiers will be placed in sanctuary.
4. There will be an outside greeter at each of the doors (doors will be open).
5. When you enter a greeter in the church will seat you from the front of the church to the back. The pews will be labeled for seating to promote social distancing. Families may sit together and non-family in a pew will stay 6ft. apart. At the end of the service you will be dismissed by an usher (starting in the rear). Please exit the church.
6. We strongly discourage any physical contact such as hugs, handshakes or touching. We ask you to reserve talking for outside. No mingling inside! If you are socializing following the service it is IMPORTANT to stay 6ft. apart.
7. The Pastor will not be available in the back of sanctuary following the service.
8. The service will be shortened to 35-40 minutes.
9. All the readings, sermon etc. will be done from the altar area.
10. There will be minimal singing wearing masks.
11. We will not pass the offering plate. Please place offering envelope in container as you enter.
12. Children’s sermon: Children will remain with parents... and not come forward.
13. The nursery area will be CLOSED. There will be no children’s time during service.
14. The rest rooms available will be the ladies’ room at the new entrance and the men’s room beside the nursery. We ask only one person at a time in the rest rooms. We recommend using the restrooms as little as possible as it will be necessary to disinfect after each use.
15. Communion will be offered first and third Sunday of the month.
Communion elements have been purchased individually wrapped both wafer and grape juice. Prefilled communion cups are the sanitary and convenient choice for communion distribution. Prefilled (prepackaged) communion cups contain both the juice and communion wafer in a single two-part container. Communion participants peel back one seal to remove the wafer and then a second seal for the juice. Elements would be picked up as you enter the sanctuary.
KEEP GOD CLOSE! Keep Others 6 ft. Away
St. Bartholomew's of Hanover, PA, a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
We extend a warm welcome to worship with us in a beautiful country setting.
ST. BARTHOLMEW’S UNITED CHURCH (ELCA)
INVITES YOU TO WORSHIP
WITH US on December 24th
Christmas Eve Worship Schedule
(All worship services will have communion.)
4:00PM - Family, High Risk/Senior Worship INSIDE and with ZOOM
5:00-5:30PM - Christmas Caroling Outside
(Coffee/hot chocolate will be provided.)
6:00PM - Traditional Family Worship PARKING LOT SERVICE
This service will be held in the front parking lot. (Grand Valley Rd. lot) Parking will be assisted by a parking attendant. We will use the loud speaker system so you will be able to hear the service sitting in your car. Remember if you choose to bring a chair, please continue to social distance. Attendants will also be in the parking lot to distribute bulletins, the communion elements and collect your offering once you are parked. The building will be open for bathroom use only.
10:00 – 10:15PM - Christmas Caroling outside
10:30PM - Candlelight Worship INSIDE
You are asked to bring a flashlight to this service. We will not be distributing candles for singing of “Silent Night”.
We hope to accommodate everyone who wishes to worship. We will do our best to social distance but a mask is REQUIRED. Members will be asked to sign up for the service they plan to attend. Watch the announcements for more details.
Please take it upon yourself to determine the proper time for you to return to worship. We recommend you DO NOT attend the indoor service if you are feeling ill or susceptible to becoming ill due to health-related issues. By visiting St. Bartholomew’s United Church, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19.
This Christmas season you will be able to sponsor a luminary in honor or in memory of a loved one. Donation will be $3.00 per name. The luminaries will be placed both outside and inside the church on Christmas Eve. We will NOT sponsor poinsettias this year but donations can be made to the Cold Weather Shelter (payable to St. B’s) A few poinsettias will be purchased by the church for decoration only. Your sponsorship will be printed on a bulletin insert for Christmas Eve services.
Please note: Pastor Steve, Council and Worship Committee met in November and the above are the current plans for Christmas Eve Worship. subject to change due to changes in COVID guidelines. Watch the announcements for any updated information.
1204 GRAND VALLEY RD, HANOVER, PA
All are Welcome!